Auburn University Campus Recreation opened its doors to the brand new 240,000 square-foot Recreation and Wellness Center in August 2013.
With highlights such as a 1/3-mile indoor track, two 50-foot rock-climbing towers, a PGA golf simulator, a wide array of cardio equipment, extensive selection of strength equipment, 150+ group fitness classes, multi-purpose indoor courts, and more, the facility offers something for everyone.
The facility was built to feel open and lively. There are numerous windows all throughout the building to allow for natural light. Large nature graphics from Toomer’s Corner and Chewacla State Park are detailed on the walls. The outdoors was literally brought inside with the Livingston Courtyard, an open air courtyard located in the middle of the building. It features a unique variety of plants and greenery. The 1/3-mile track winds through the entire facility allowing patrons to view many of the distinct activity areas within a single lap. There is a four level Fitness Tower with specialized activities on each floor. Located at the top of the Fitness Tower is the Mind/Body Room which features garage-door-style windows that can be hydraulically lifted to give members a spectacular view and fresh air.
The Recreation and Wellness Center is a virtual backyard for student housing on campus with quick access from The Village, Quad, South Donahue, Hill and other residence halls. The facility complies with LEED Standards which help reinforce the goal to make sustainability an Auburn University goal.
- 1/3 mile indoor walking/running track (corkscrew configuration)
- Multi-purpose court (soccer, badminton, volleyball, basketball, etc.)
- Group fitness studios (yoga, cycling, mind-body, etc.)
- Outdoor recreation (canoes, kayaks, etc.)
- Cardio/fitness training areas
- Weight training areas
- Locker rooms
- Multi-purpose/activity rooms
- Game room with foosball, table tennis, and more
- Regulation-size basketball courts
- Raquetball courts
- Outdoor activity/leisure pool with wet climbing wall
- PGA Golf Simulator
- Two 50-ft. Climbing Towers and Bouldering Cave
- Personal Training Studio
- Core/stretching areas
- Meeting rooms
- Livingston Courtyard