How to Become a Recreation and Wellness Center Personal Trainer
The Recreation and Wellness Center only employs students who have a certification from an organization accredited by the National Commission of Certifying Agencies (NCCA).
If you are certified with one the accredited organizations listed below, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the application process:
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
- American Council on Exercise (ACE)
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- Academy of Applied Personal Training Education (AAPTE)
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- The Cooper Institute
- National Council for Certified Personal Trainers (NCCPT)
- National Council on Strength and Fitness (NCSF)
- National Exercise and Sports Trainers Association (NESTA)
- National Exercise Trainers Association (NETA)
- National Federation of Professional Trainers (NFPT)
- ACTION Certification (ACTION)
If you are not currently certified, consider taking KINE 3030 and 3031: Intro to Personal Training lecture and lab courses. This course teaches the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) curriculum, and will help to prepare you for a personal training certification exam.