Custom Bg

How to Become a Trainer

How to Become a Recreation and Wellness Center Personal Trainer

The Recreation and Wellness Center only employs students who have a certification from an organization accredited by the National Commission of Certifying Agencies (NCCA).

If you are certified with one the accredited organizations listed below, please contact to begin the application process:

  1. Academy of Applied Personal Training Education (AAPTE)
  2. ACTION Certification (ACTION)
  3. American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM
  4. American Council on Exercise (ACE)
  5. International Fitness Professionals Associatiopn (IFPA)
  6. National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
  7. National Council for Certified Personal Trainers (NCCPT)
  8. National Council on Strength and Fitness (NCSF)
  9. National Exercise and Sports Trainers Association (NESTA)
  10. National Exercise Trainers Association (NETA)
  11. National Personal Training Association (NPTA)
  12. National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
  13. Personal Training Academy Global (PTAG)
  14. The Cooper Institute
  15. World Instructor Training School (WITS)

If you are not currently certified, consider taking KINE 3030 and 3031: Intro to Personal Training lecture and lab courses. This course teaches the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) curriculum, and will help to prepare you for a personal training certification exam.